POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Directional radiosity : Directional radiosity Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Directional radiosity
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 7 Jul 2001 15:53:53
Message: <3b4768d1@news.povray.org>
Here's some experimentation with use of radiosity to imply a "light
source over there". It uses a large inverted sphere with a gradient
pigment that is black to the left and white to the right.

I also have an idea about using a "radiosity light bulb"-- perhaps not
an original one.   When I tried it, I got just a few big white spots and
then only after putting ambient to like rgb 200 or something.   Has
anyone ever had success here;  any suggestions on which radiosity
parameters to tweak??

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gauss04e.jpg' (60 KB)